Welcome To The SAD Lightbox Company
- Energy for Life
The leading innovator and original manufacturer of S.A.D. lightboxes in the UK
All our lightboxes are manufactured in the UK at our factory in Oxfordshire
What is SAD?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD has a lot in common with the hibernation cycle of animals and research has shown that this is triggered by a response to decreasing light levels. As the days grow shorter and the light becomes less intense, it increases the desire to 'hibernate'.
Symptoms of SAD
- Depression, feelings of gloom and despondency for no apparent reason.
- Lethargy, lack of energy.
- Anxiety, inability to cope.
- Social problems, irritability not wanting to see people.
- Sleep problems, finding it hard to stay awake during the day, and having disturbed nights.
- Loss of libido, not interested in sex or physical contact.
- Craving for carbohydrates and sweet foods, increased appetite leading to weight gain
Unsure how to choose or use a Lightbox? Carol tells you how