SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, light therapy, SAD Syndrome
Energy for Life
THE LITEPOD COMPANY ARE ON CHRISTMAS LEAVE FROM THE 22ND DEC UNTIL 4TH JAN,
WE WISH ALL OUR CUSTOMERS A PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS SEASON
The leading innovator and original manufacturer of Lightboxes for S.A.D. in the UK
What is SAD?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or 'The Winter Blues' has a lot in common with the hibernation cycle of animals. Research has shown that this is triggered by a response to decreasing light levels. As the days grow shorter and the light becomes less intense, it increases the desire to 'hibernate'.
Symptoms of SAD
- Depression, feelings of gloom and despondency for no apparent reason.
- Lethargy, lack of energy.
- Anxiety, inability to cope.
- Social problems, irritability not wanting to see people.
- Sleep problems, finding it hard to stay awake during the day, and having disturbed nights.
- Loss of libido, not interested in sex or physical contact.
- Craving for carbohydrates and sweet foods, increased appetite leading to weight gain
Unsure how to choose or use a Lightbox? Carol tells you how.