Full Spectrum Lights and Daylight Bulbs
Fluorescent Lamps & Lighting
Fluorescent lighting has progressed considerably since its inception in the 1940s. It is also significantly more efficient than normal incandescent bulbs. As an example, a 36watt (4 foot, 1200mm) tube gives the same amount of light as 4 x 60watt incandescent bulbs.
These fluorescent tubes, lamps and daylight bulbs are quite unlike those you would find at most DIY stores since those are towards the yellow end of the spectrum. Ours, by contrast are colour matched to daylight to provide a beneficial effect. Making you feel less tired and strained.
Natures light is best for us
Most people do not get enough natural light, but it is vital to life and health. Are you spending more time indoors where some or all of the light is produced by ordinary fluorescent tubes?
If so, you are working under lights that are high in the yellow end of the light spectrum and nothing like the daylight that our eyes were designed to work under. These ordinary fluorescent tubes increase glare and lead to eyestrain and headaches.
Full Spectrum Light brings outside light inside
Our eyes respond better to artificial light which closely replicates the intensity and range of colours found in natural daylight. Full Spectrum light and the daylight bulbs do exactly that. People who work under Full Spectrum light or daylight matched bulbs report feeling less tired and moody and experience reduced eyestrain.
The Benefits of Full Spectrum Light:
- Reduces eyestrain, headaches and tiredness – important in homes, offices, hospitals and educational establishments
- Improves performance, and helps create a happier environment
- Colours can be seen accurately as they would be in natural light, an important consideration for printers, retailers, designers, artists, kitchens and many other working environments.
- The tubes last much longer than ordinary fluorescent tubes.
- Available in a range of sizes from 15 watt to 70 watt
- A direct replacement for conventional fluorescent tubes – just check the wattage on your existing tube to get the exact size.
- It is recommended that you change the starters when you change to full spectrum tubes as this will increase the life of the tube.
Please click on the items below to see the range of products and their prices